1. These conditions apply to the agreement between us, and are to be read together with any estimate provided by us. Where there is a conflict between the estimate and these conditions, the estimate takes precedence. By instructing us to proceed with the work you are accepting these terms.
2. Most of the work will be carried out by our team personally, but we reserve the right to sub-contract such parts of the work as we consider appropriate. We will usually supervise all sub-contractors personally.
3. We will usually provide an estimate of the cost of the work you have asked us to do before we start the work. The estimate is based upon your description of what you want to be done, what problems you have described, what we have been able to view ourselves, and what materials we estimate may be required. The actual cost of the work may well exceed the estimate due to any number of factors, particularly unforeseen problems. In such a case, we shall usually provide as much notice (if any) as we can, and will stop work before exceeding the value of the estimate. You would then have the option of agreeing a further price with us, or asking us not to carry out any further work. If you do not wish us to work further, you will only be liable to pay the value of the estimate.
4. The estimate is based mainly on the cost of the time we estimate the job will take, and the cost of supplying materials. The estimate is given genuinely based upon information available but only covers the work described in the estimate.
5. If you change your mind about the work you want us to do, this is a variation, which will affect the likely cost. We will try to agree this variation price with you by giving you an estimate where possible but reserve the right to charge a reasonable sum for the cost of such variation even if no estimate was provided. The variation may be an alteration in the actual work required, or the way it is done, or may be a completely new but related item of work.
6. Our estimates as to time are usually based upon the number of whole or half days. A whole day means more than four hours within one day; a half day means up to four hours within one day. The estimate will be based on hourly rates only for work expected to take two hours or less.
7. Where no estimate is provided (for whatever reason) before you instruct us to proceed, we shall charge a reasonable fee based upon our current rates.
8. Our liability to you if we or our sub-contractors have been negligent and loss or damage has been caused to you or your property as a direct result, will be limited to the amount of our estimate or, if no estimate has been given, the value of the work done based on our current rates. All liability for indirect or consequential loss is excluded completely. We do not exclude liability for personal injury or death.
9. All claims for negligent or defective work must be notified to us in writing to be received by us within 30 days of the completion of the work in question.
10. All work must be paid for on the day of completion unless the estimate or other documents signed by one of our Directors agrees otherwise. Interest will be charged on all overdue payments.